May 10, 2010

My Mama's Day Rocked!

To say I had a great Mother's Day would be such an understatement. It really did rock! The whole weekend actually. Saturday was a beautiful day that we spent playing around the house and getting some outside chores done. In the afternoon Maggie had a fastpitch game at Browns Point just up from the beach. It was a great field with a park nice and close for the little girls and we enjoyed soaking up the sun that we've been missing so much. After the game fish and chips were in order so we set off on a little adventure following my mom and dad into an old neighborhood in Tacoma where they lived when I was just a baby. We had fish and chips at a great restuarant on the water and after we were stuffed we hit the beach for some crab hunting and rock throwing. I don't think our kiddos could ever tire of the beach....me either. 

Sunday morning after breakfast was through and we were all scrambling to get ready for church we took a time-out to all snuggle on our bed and Rock and the kids gave me a gift certificate for a back massage and foot soak. So sweet and much needed! But let me remind you again sweet husband of mine that there are no birthday presents next week....we're saving our money! Our church has a long standing tradition of having three moms speak on mother's day. This year all three mothers were so dear to me, two of them being my cherished friends and the third my own mama! I couldn't have been more proud of my mom and the message she shared. Just another reminder of what an incredibly strong woman she is. I know she finds her strength in the Lord and I am so thankful for her example to me and for the prayer warrior she was during those years when I'm sure she worried I was a lost cause. I  have no doubt those prayers saved this rebellious girl. Thank you mom, I love you!

After church we had a great time at my parents soaking up some more sun, eating, laughing, watching the kids, eating some more and just loving being together. Our family has grown so much since my first mother's day 10 years ago. At that time it was just Sammy at the center of attention....there are now 8 kiddos running around and soon to be one more in October when my sis becomes a mom of four. I love it! It's loud and chaotic but it's fun!

I am so thankful for my job as a mama and I can't think of a better way to spend my days!
Happy Mother's day to both our moms. We are so thankful for you both, for your love and your support now and all the years.

No comments: